Glascock County Consolidated School Parent Involvement Plan
for Shared Student Success
What is it? This is a plan that describes how Glascock County Consolidated School will provide opportunities to improve parent engagement to support student learning. GCCS values the contributions and involvement of parents in order to establish an equal partnership for the common goal of improving student achievement. This plan describes the different ways that GCCS will support parent engagement and how parents can help plan and participate in activities and events to promote student learning at school and at home.
How is it developed? GCCS welcomes parent input and comments at any time regarding the plan. All parent feedback will be used to revise the plan for next year. The plan is posted on our school website for parents to view and post feedback throughout the year. We also distribute an annual survey online and by mail to ask parents for their suggestions on the plan and the use of funds for parent involvement. Parents can also give feedback during our summer retreat with school leaders to revise the plan for the upcoming school year.
Who is it for? All students participating in the Title I, Part A program, and their families, are encouraged and invited to fully participate in the opportunities described in this plan. GCCS will provide full opportunity for the participation of parents with limited English, parents with disabilities, and parents of migratory children.
Where is it available? At the beginning of the year, the plan is included in the Title I Packet that is given to all students. Parents can also retrieve a copy of the plan in the Media Center or on the school website (www.glascock.k12.ga.us/Title1).
Glascock County Consolidated School is Branching Out!
GCCS will take the following measures to promote and support parents as an important foundation of the school in order to strengthen the school and reach our school goals. We will:
- Ensure that all information related to school and parent programs, meetings, and other activities is published in both English and Spanish (should the need arise), and posted on the school website and included in the monthly school newsletter for all parents.
- Conduct staff development each quarter on parent involvement practices and effective strategies for staff to communicate and build partnerships with parents.
- Partner with Pre-K, Head Start and Early Reading programs to share school information about parent engagement activities that will help prepare parents and their child for kindergarten and improve school transition.
- Share information in the school newsletter for parents to understand the school’s academic standards and assessments as well as the ways parents can monitor their child’s progress and work with educators.
- Communicate with all families and the community on a regular basis regarding schoolwide events and activities, such social media and flyers.
- Work with our parents to develop relevant trainings and helpful presentations to educate our staff on the importance of parental involvement.
- Provide necessary materials for parents at conferences, meetings, and activities to help parents work with their child to improve their child’s achievement.
- Collaborate with community leaders and business groups to increase participation and awareness of the school parental involvement plan and activities.
- Offer parent classes to help further enhance their various education backgrounds.
- Listen and respond to parents’ requests for additional support for parental involvement activities.